Okay, so here is the beginning of our “to do” list for getting ready to travel off to Europe… (I cannot wait!)
- Set a monthly budget
- Figure out best way to fly – once we are there it looks like there are pretty inexpensive flights to different countries
- Plan a loose itinerary – we want to be able to make changes if necessary but understand we should book lodging and air
- Car rental
- Animals (European Pet Passport)
- Cell phones and internet
- Storage costs for our furniture and cars (should we sell a car or two?)
- Travel and health insurance
- Set up all bills on electronic banking
There will be more things that come up, I am sure, but this is what I have for now. As we go through these items I will blog about how we work it out.
We are planning on visiting several countries; France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, Germany, Austria, Czechoslovakia and England.
I feel so lucky that I have a chance to do something like this, oh boy! Here we go….